Meeting for CSharp BugScrub
Date: 2010-08-30
Time: 11am-12pm
Attendees: Chris Lomonico, Umesh Madan, Arien Malec, Sean Nolan, Vassil Peytchev, Jas Singh

Actions


#
Date
Action
Status
Owner
Due Date
1
2010/08/30
Create skeleton/simple "How To" Guide for the Config UI and send to Arien Malec
Open
Umesh Madan
2010/09/05
2
2010/08/30
Document the "How To" Guide for the Config UI
Open
Arien Malec
2010/09/08
3
2010/08/30
Commit changes to the XD* Piece
Open
Sean Nolan
2010/08/31
4
2010/08/30
Complete chain builder and check for bugs
Open
Sean Nolan
2010/09/05
5
2010/08/30
Status Meeting
Open
Umesh Madan, Sean Nolan
2010/08/31

Notes


Chris Lomonico
  • Tasked with the DNS Caching item
  • Asked about receiving a particular form of access
Arien Malec
  • Responded that Chris has access, but needs to use his Google Code password
Chris Lomonico
  • Reported that he has certain items to change around
  • Informed the CSharp team that he has worked around a few things
    • There is a DNS resolver in the DNS source code
    • Had to put something into the comment due to the structuring
Umesh Madan
  • Asked if the base cache clause could have gone into the resolver
Chris Lomonico
  • Chris responded "yes," however he can move things around as well
Umesh Madan
  • Commented that there should be a base DNS with cache
    • Put the resolver there
    • That is where the CERT resolver with cache can go
  • Mentioned that the code can be upgraded (by him)
Chris Lomonico
  • Responded that he can create a base caching class, and then a DNS caching class
Umesh Madan
  • Agreed that is one way to proceed
  • Regardless, emphasized that they need to make sure the ball is rolling with this item
Arien Malec
  • Directed next item of the DNS responder to Sean Nolan
Umesh Madan
  • Highlighted that Sean Nolan was not on the call yet, Umesh addressed that item
  • Informed CSharp team that he will take that item on himself because Sean Nolan has limited time this week
    • Umesh rather have Sean Nolan focus on the chain builder
    • Umesh will focus on the integration piece
  • Noted that the team can run the agent without a responder because they already have BIND
  • Ranked the item medium
    • Will take it on Wednesday with the aim of completing by the end of the week
Arien Malec
  • Moved to next item of Config UI
  • Realized Claudio Sanchez is not on the call
Umesh Madan
  • Clarified that Claudio Sanchez had worked with Umesh Madan on the Config UI item
  • Commented that they had checked the Config UI in and it has worked
    • They tried it this past Friday, and the deployment on Friday was successful
    • They used Claudio Sanchez's tool to push out the CERTs
  • Added that they will still need about three to four days of error checks before the Config UI is solid for beta-testing
Arien Malec
  • Requested that Umesh Madan make a quick "how to" guide for the Config UI
    • This will enable Arien Malec to document it
Umesh Madan
  • Agreed to create a skeleton of the Config UI this week
Arien Malec
  • Responded that he had the intention to create a full "how to" guide
Umesh Madan
  • Added that he is trying to deploy it himself this week
  • Commented that in general, if something takes me more than two steps, then it is not as useful
  • Stated that he will start with the bullet points on the Config UI
Arien Malec
  • Responded that he is essentially working in support mode to make this happen
Umesh Madan
  • Noted that screen-shots of the code would be useful in Arien's final "how to" guide
    • This would make the guide "empathetic" to the user
  • Affirmed that he will work on the Config UI item over his vacation
  • Added that it is okay, because Sean Nolan will then have to deal with his setup scripts
Vassil Peytchev
  • Answered that he had just joined the BugScrub
  • Informed the CSharp Team that he unfortunately did not make as much progress last week
    • Has the base classes
    • Needs to add the generation part to pull everything together
  • Added that he should make some progress today
    • Plans to commit some changes before the Reference Implementation call tomorrow
Arien Malec
  • Asked if the XD* piece will work with the XDM?
Vassil Peytchev
  • Responded that "yes," the XDS piece will work with XDM piece
  • Added that he is currently working on it
Umesh Madan
  • Informed Vassil Peytchev that the admin code is also ready once Vassil is ready to integrate
Sean Nolan
  • Addressed the chain builder, commenting that it is not done
    • Planned to work on it this weekend
    • Worked on the blue button changes instead
    • Any intermediate CERT won't work, but plans to have it done this week
Arien Malec
  • Asked: "That only does not work if you need to fetch the certificate, right?"
Sean Nolan
  • Responded yes - this will work fine in his internal machine
Umesh Madan
  • Stressed that the chain builder always gives him nervous angst
    • Asked Sean to check it for bugs
Sean Nolan
  • Replied "sure thing"
Umesh Madan
  • Moved to next item:Setup OneBox reference installation
    • John Theisen is not present because he is still out sick
  • Brought of the idea of transferring to an MSI
    • Despite people who don't mind scripts, will probably document them anyways
Arien Malec
  • Added that a few good bullet points will be useful
Sean Nolan
  • Commented that the license bugging issue will be fixed shortly
  • Focused on the "root namespace convention"
    • Arien had a good suggestion
    • Should get done before any client libraries are up there
Umesh Madan
  • Commented that can get done sometime this weekend
Arien Malec
  • Classic weekend project
Umesh Madan
  • Moved to the "trust model.enforce" item
    • Arien and Umesh will concentrate on this, perform a meld
  • Stated that these are two separate naming issues
    • Asked if they should be "medium" or "low"
Arien Malec
  • Responded that they can go "live" with out it and therefore suggest "low"
Arien Malec
  • Moved to following item: Empty NHINDAddressCollection.IsTrusted() == true
    • Arien Malec has completed it
Umesh Madan
  • Moved to the next issue: "To Ack or To Nack, that is the question"
    • Added that he is currently working on it
    • Plans to fix it in one go
Arien Malec
  • Stated that he will show Sean Nolan what he is working on
    • Clean-up necessary is, but the core is in place
Sean Nolan
  • Asked the group if they are missing "any big pieces"
  • Expressed belief that the group is nearing the end state
Arien Malec
  • Listed key metrics
    • Config UI
    • Documentation
    • Unit Tests
    • Vassil Peytchev's XD* Piece
    • Clear this list of bugs
Umesh Madan
  • Believes it is time to really get going
  • Added to "Test, test, test - increase unit test coverage"
Arien Malec
  • Asserted that they are on track for the Beta-ready state
  • Asked if there are data milestones
Sean Nolan
  • Suggested that exiting the September 21-22 Code-a-thon, they should be Beta-Ready
  • Also asked what are the criteria
    • Jokingly asked: "No bugs?"
Arien Malec
  • Added that it may be time to concentrate on beta-test materials
Sean Nolan
  • Informed the group that he will have a status meeting with Umesh Madan later today