Date: January 18, 2011
Time: 1:00 EST
Attendees:

Agenda
  • Status Updates on Messaging Events
    • Specifications announcement - 4th week in January
    • Implementations pilots announcement - Februrary 7th
    • HIMSS demonstrations announcement - February 20th
  • Messages for key stakeholders - Michelle Darnell

Actions & Decisions from last meeting


#
Date
Actions & Decisions
Status
Owner
Due Date
80

Workgroup ratified communications plan
Complete

1/4/11
81

Need to assign responsibilities for messaging
Complete
Communications Workgroup
1/11/11
82

HIMSS demos plans
Open
Didi Davis
TBD
83

Update Messages for key stakeholders based on workgroup feedback
Open
Michelle Darnell
1/14/11














Notes:

  • Status Updates on Messaging Events
    • Specifications announcement - 4th week in January
      • Janet to continue work on this. May need to be pushed back until HIMSS for announcing.
    • Implementations pilots announcement - Februrary 7th
      • Brett to follow up with Arien to see if someone from Implementation Pilots WG to get name of person to work on pilot messaging.
      • Noam to discuss with Rich offline regarding pilots messaging on how they'll be used.
    • HIMSS demonstrations announcement - February 20th
      • HIMSS intent to demonstrate now on Communications homepage news. Try to tie in with both ONC messaging as well as HIMSS, HIT News, pre-show announcemnets, etc. In addition to other HIT periodicals identified that would be interested in communicating information. Rich to follow up with Didi
      • Ivy to forward HIMSS showcase layout to group when it becomes available.
      • All demonstrations (except 1) for Direct were able to finish contracting by Friday. Very strong showing within ONC area. Ivy to send PDF this week to gain additional high-level detail on planned demonstrations to get into HIMSS and ONC guides.
      • Demonstrations will be in the IHE showcase - in ONC designated area
      • Might be good to coordinate with MedTech publishing (group behind a number of industry publications) to coordinate with own communications areas. Brian to do one write-up summarizing all of the demonstrations. Good to include pictures/video clips.
      • Brian to work with Didi on HIMSS messaging and announcements coordination. Brian to send list of any additional publications to Rich.
      • Two demonstrations on Intent to Demonstrate page that will not be happening. Ivy to send out list of who is contracted by deadline to the group to ensure accurate listing.
    • Blumenthal blog posts - no special format, just written as if from Blumenthal. Forwarded to Communications staff to approve and ensure tone is correct. May or may not post a blog on Direct, but draft based on previous blog posts for tone.
  • Messages for Key Stakeholders - Michelle
    • Word document - comments on messaging slides - combination of comments from all presentations and WG meeting discussions on suggested changes.
    • Taken original presentations and modified to address general comments, and most detailed comments. Those that have not been addressed are highlighed in yellow in the word document.
    • Any additional comments are welcomed and appreciated.
      • On vendor slides, perhaps differentiate between different types of vendors. Simple slide for each slide has been developed for each to get specifics applicable within each vendor audience.
      • States/HIEs/HIOs/RHIOs/SDEs consolidated into a single deck.
      • Provider + Messaging to be removed. Same as IDN + Physician set.
      • Agreed previously that we would have three sets (vendors/state &HIEs/physician IDNs).
      • On general sides w/strenghts/opportunities. Have trouble making out words from background as color transition changes. In addition to some formatting peculiarities (ex - state set, last side. Space between words and periods.)
      • Need some additional detail for States on what they need to implement for direct.
      • On IDN - strength: practice meet MU requirements - "practice" may not be best word. Perhaps helps" you"
      • Does average person know what "content agnostic" means? Doesn't matter what you send. Point is around benefit of vendor/OS neutral. "Supports any clinical content" might be better wording.
      • Sense is that noise level and fear seem to have decreased , wouldn't need to address threats. Does group still need to address these threats (address context and clarity for those who were skeptical of NHIN/Direct project)?
        • Michelle - threats not necessary. Originally discussed at very early stages, though probably safe to remove now that this has greatly been diminished. Language around meaningful use is a bit soft in all of the sets.
      • Michelle making changes that Noam suggested. Worth having group look at them quickly for workgroup consensus.
      • Noam to provide additional insight on State. One more round for next week. Put up for group consensus next week.