Geographies Meeting 2010-07-21
Date: July 21, 2010
Attendees: Richard Elmore, Sandra Sarnoff, Chris Voigt, Andy Heeren, Douglas Arnold, Charles Parisot, Noam H. Arzt, Pat Pyette, Leroy Jones, Eric Heflin, Kim Long, Umesh Madan, Kate Nixon, Uvinie Hettiaratchy, John Hall, Gary Christensen, Michele Darnell, David Tao, Paul Tuten
Actions from this Week
||Due Date |
||Develop wiki page for key dependencies, resource needs and questions
|| 7/23/10 |
||Fill out key dependencies and resources needs on wiki page
Actions from last Week
||Due Date |
||Review pilot briefs on Implementation Geographies wiki page
|| 7/21/10 |
||Fill out briefing template
- Status and discussion around existing pilot projects.
- Introduce and discuss any new Pilot Project Briefing documents.
- Anticipated pilot projects -- not at briefing documents stage yet?
- Additional topics / concerns (all)
- Let’s start with Gary in Rhode Island.
- Not much more progress. When does reference specification and software be done?
- Briefing from reference implementation group.
- Dependency in project plan
- Last week we got Middlesex Hospital, AAFA, and eClinicalWorks to participate.
- By next week, we should have Emdeon and Community Health Centers in Connecticut.
- Posted a draft success metrics as well as additional information about patient population.
- Continuing to have a couple of calls every week with Quest/MedPlus around information about HISP.
- Waiting for reference implementation activity for their function as the HISP.
- All of us are committed to using the reference implementation guidelines and protocols.
- Haven’t updated website.
- Similar to other groups had some meetings with vendors. Have some infrastructure in community that we’re talking about.
- We want to get more vendors engaged so it’s a clearer example of utility.
- We talked to three additional vendors in community.
- Now approaching other vendors that are approaching NHIN Direct effort itself.
- Have a few meetings scheduled this week about identifying footprint in the same geography.
- Anything we can do?
- Everyone to examine their footprint in their geographic areas.
- Look through proposal and see where areas where you could serve when you have foundation of providers.
- This week during IG call, I’d like to mention this request to broader audience.
- If you’re a vendor, we can’t do a pilot without customers. Anything with standard talking points or sponsor or promoter of particular pilot, we can connect our customers.
- Is the vendor supposed to talk to customers? What is the key messaging?
- How do you go about doing that?
- Carespark is considering doing this. We’re in the earlier stages of doing this. Carespark is already a HIE across TN and Southwest VA. ‘
- We’re a network that follows the IHE/SOAP profile.
- We’re interested in doing that in early stages.
- I don’t know how to broker and use other participants.
- Do I reach out to them? It’d be helpful to have a forum for that.
- David, how far can you stretch supporting others if you are already going with one?
- If we make any changes to our product at all beyond what is currently available, it’s not likely we can make that generally available immediately.
- We can certainly start to cast around for interest.
- We could have time to discuss this.
- Anyone with unidentified pilots? Might be helpful to the group to find out what the scale of that is like?
Round on the Room on whether you have something that’s not published that might be coming
||· I am interested in partnering in other projects and will put something in the next week around ACW. |
· Doug Arnold - We have a lot of docs using ACW and perhaps Lee has as well.
- I suggest that we start looking at first steps in the project plan by focusing on key action items and dependencies that need to be addressed immediately.
- It also sounds like people would like a forum to discuss resource needs and basic questions about engaging customers and/or vendors.
- I suggest that we put these up on the wiki so that people can connect offline.
- I can take this as a key action and email out the link and the contact information for the group.
- That sounds sensible. Unless anyone objects?
- Hearing no objections, I will put that up on the wiki. Please fill out your resource needs and questions that you would like to connect about on the wiki page.