Geographies Meeting 2010-07-28
Date: July 28, 2010
Attendees: Susan Torzewski, Chris Voigt, Didi Davis , Douglas Arnold, John Moehrke, Noam H. Arzt, Karen Donovan, Leroy Jones, Eric Heflin, Kim Long, Umesh Madan, Kate Nixon, Arien Malec, Uvinie Hettiaratchy, John Hall, David Tao, Srinivas Koka
Actions for this Week
||Create matrix that correlates user stories to pilot regions
||Create matrix that correlates technology vendors to pilots
||Fill out resources and collaboration wiki page, matrix for user stories and matrix for technology vendors
- Review Project Pilots
- Review Implementation Geographies Collaboration and Resources wiki page
- Covering good portion of Eastern board.
- Any updates to RIQI and MPS MedAllies project?
- Updated description.
- Because we have a RHIO and an ITA that have relationships with the docs, we’re asking people in Hudson Valley to come forward and participate.
- If they can bring forward who those customers are, we can get those doctors to agree
- I saw that David Tao had listed some of the questions that he wanted to answer.
- Understand dependencies – what would be available and expected to use with reference implementation group and documentation and testing group
- Default posture is to move forward with XDR focus.
- Once we have a better handle for those time frames, put together schedule.
- First pilot participant call – number of people from this call with be on that call.
- Added Microsoft HealthVault and eClinicalWorks.
- Hopeful that we will be able to add some groups as well.
- In addition, count us in and it’s just a matter of getting pieces to work together.
- Kate Nixon also reached out to Lee Jones and me for coordination. I think we’re going to try and coordinate offline around that.
- One of the functions that this group can take on is to catalogue/pool the EHR needs to create a group technology list.
- This makes it more relevant for vendors who are participating.
- Cross reference of stories of which pilots are going to be tested.
- I can put together template of that and ask pilots.
- Three actions – matrix that correlates user stories to pilot regions.
- Need to do the same thing correlating technology vendors to pilot regions.
- Third need – the resource and collaboration needs for pilot projects.
Round the Room - Review the resource collaboration needs for pilot projects, would you be willing to add in some rows.
||Early to say what we would add but good idea.|
||Not at this time.|
||No further comment.|
||No to first, yes to second.|
||Don’t have information and have scheduled meetings to see how we could add on. |
||I have no comment. I’m still working with SLHIE Cooperative Agreement program – one state participating, Rhode Island. Trying to figure out. |
||Yes, reviewed matrix. Too soon where we could add on. Certainly would like to see whose participating.|
||Reviewed the matrix – the only thought to enter was to give our general solicitation for Edge systems and EHR systems. Question I had was that we were supposed to make our own matrix. |
Uvinie Hettiaratchy – No the idea is to have a global matrix so there was one place to direct people who either wanted to support pilots or each other.
||Not reviewed it yet, but certainly will review it.|
||Have reviewed it. It looks fine. We’re involved with MPS pilot right now. So looking at one in CA but still trying to figure out we want to resource the third one. Have been looking number of times to see if people had entered information on the matrix and have not seen anything. It would be helpful to us if people started filling in information so we can see where we can support.|
||Probably add one line – would love to talk to people who have PHR user stories. As needs come along sure. It might be handy to have something like this where people could use this list for collaboration for the reference implementation group.|
||Have reviewed it. Looks good. Should be able to add what wrote in email to Arnold.|
||If you refresh the page, I put row in.|
||Reviewed the matrix. I would like to start a new pilot in Arizona. If do it in Arizona, I’m going to put in matrix.|
- One thing that came out of reference implementation group is if we could get each of the pilot regions to define the needs and environments for the non-EHR using providers. Are those non-EHR using providers using a web app or email client? What kinds of infrastructure will they use in that app? Use client supporting end to end encryption.
Round the Room on: Interested in doing round, particularly around how handling non-EHR using service providers in your area. What kinds of technology assuming and support you need from reference implementation?
||Appreciate if you could post those questions on wiki so we can work on answering those? Don’t have answers to those questions right now? Specifically technical questions?|
||Not really decided on infrastructure to support this. We’re not leaning towards an email client. Would rather have a portal with what CareSpark has today.|
||Still in discussions as formulate full implementation.|
||We have not been contemplating providers who don’t have EHRs primarily because the focus of that region is to promote EHR adoption. We probably need to be mentored on how that would fit in to more structured EHR based network. |
||In both of our pilots, we are looking at providers without any EHR. If you can post technical questions I can take it back to technical team. It may be that we answer them and then target those offices. |
||Specifically for Outlook, our current goal is to consume messages. So no, at this point. Our test does use Outlook.|
||I don’t really have any answer to the question. There are some intricacies involved if deployment will be inclusive of S/MIME or the HISP doing S/MIME offloading.|
- Can you talk about the Face to Face meeting?
- Face-to-Face meeting will be held inWashington, DC. Process is a little different – we’re asking people to sign up to attend on the wiki. We’d like this meeting to be more visible. The formal agenda is not set yet and will be uploaded to the wiki before the meeting. We will be going over the August 17th deliverables and planning next steps.
- That’s it. This meeting is really focused on two things:
- Focused on all support infrastructure for getting implementation out in the world – so reference implementation.
- Second, focused on real-world pilots – lessons learned and essentially larger version.
- I heard that Noam Arzt is coordinating with SLHIE. Do you need any help with TN?
- At this point, haven’t quite cleared a strategy for technical assistance. Certainly welcome to put anyone at state level in touch with me to work through any issues.
- Communication from ONC about NHIN Direct around State HIE concerns?
- Working on getting a single well defined message. It’d be great if you could help us uncover key areas that we’re not covering.
- I was supposed to be in DC this week and doing some coordination. I’m definitely in touch with HIE team at ONC.
- If you have a key set of issues please send. Overall impression is that they are still pretty clueless about NHIN Direct.
- Need to emphasize complementary and supplementary needs so they are aware.