Reference Implementation Meeting 2010-09-14

From Direct Project
Jump to: navigation, search
Notes from the Reference Implementation Meeting
Date: September 14, 2010
Time: 12pm-1pm
Attendees: Robert Barker, George Cole, Ron Cordell, Beau Grantham, Chaminda Gunaratne, Nael Hafez, Andy Heeren, Dave Juntgen, Seonho Kim, Srinivas Koka, Vince Lewis, Chris Lomonico, Umesh Madan, Arien Malec, John Moehrke, Stephen Outten, Vassil Peytchev, Patrick Pyette, Paul Saxman, Jas Singh, John Theisen, Andy Thompson, Andy Thorson

Current Actions

#
Date
Action
Status
Owner
Due Date
6
2010/08/18
Prepare for virtual sprint to on-board new coders and plug them into projects
Open
Arien Malec, Brian Behlendorf, Beau Grantham
2010/08/24
14
2010/08/24
Discuss the centralized configuration server (Address/Universal) issue off-line
Open
Vassil Peytchev, Umesh Madan, Greg Meyer
2010/08/31
23
2010/08/31
Discuss the storage components of the "HISP in a Box" model: LDAP store v. machine store
Open
Vince Lewis, Greg Meyer, Umesh Madan
2010/09/07
26
2010/08/31
Develop criteria for code-readiness for Implementation Geographies
Open
Susan Johnston
2010/09/07
29
2010/09/07
Complete CSharp's intermediate trust unit
Open
Umesh Madan, Sean Nolan
2010/09/14
31
2010/09/07
Create a "feature-tracker" document on the website to keep the Geographies updated on the CSharp+Java reference implementations
Open
Susan Johnston
2010/09/14
32
2010/09/07
Coordinate an additional CSharp/Java architecture review for Thursday
Extended
Umesh Madan, Arien Malec, Brian Behlendorf
2010/09/14
33
2010/09/07
Prepare a "hit-list" for bite-sized tasks for other developers to taken on
Extended
Umesh Madan, Beau Grantham
2010/09/14
34
2010/09/07
Develop coder-specific messaging to plug-in outside developers into the "hit-lists"
Open
Brian Behlendorf
2010/09/14
35
2010/09/14
Write up bullet points/notes for a developers guide on the logger's library
Open
John Theisen
2010/09/28
36
2010/09/14
Review Container proposals from John Theisen & Chris Lomonico
Open
Umesh Madan
2010/09/28
37
2010/09/14
Take on the improvements for the CERT Resolver
Open
Chris Lomonico
2010/09/28
38
2010/09/14
Send XD* side code plus work items to Arien Malec + Sri Koka
Open
Vassil Peytchev
2010/09/17
39
2010/09/14
Submit availabilities for October Integrate-a-thon through the Wiki registration link (created by Arien)
Open
Entire WG
2010/09/21
40
2010/09/14
Assemble a proposal to address the IHE v. HL7 audit considerations
Open
Pat Pyette
2010/09/28


Actions from Last Week

#
Date
Action
Status
Owner
Due Date
6
2010/08/18
Prepare for virtual sprint to on-board new coders and plug them into projects
Open
Arien Malec, Brian Behlendorf, Beau Grantham
2010/08/24
14
2010/08/24
Discuss the centralized configuration server (Address/Universal) issue off-line
Open
Vassil Peytchev, Umesh Madan, Greg Meyer
2010/08/31
21
2010/08/31
Make progress on the XD* side for Java teams
CLOSED
Vince Lewis
2010/09/07
22
2010/08/31
Work on the Web Config component for the Java reference implementation
CLOSED
Pat Pyette
2010/09/07
23
2010/08/31
Discuss the storage components of the "HISP in a Box" model: LDAP store v. machine store
Open
Vince Lewis, Greg Meyer, Umesh Madan
2010/09/07
25
2010/08/31
Re-announce the September F2F Code-a-thon through a Blog posting
TABLED
Arien Malec
2010/09/07
26
2010/08/31
Develop criteria for code-readiness for Implementation Geographies
Open
Susan Johnston
2010/09/07
28
2010/09/07
Conduct a unit test for the raw binary format for the request and response (DNS) by feeding into the resolver
CLOSED
Sri Koka
2010/09/14
29
2010/09/07
Complete CSharp's intermediate trust unit
Open
Umesh Madan, Sean Nolan
2010/09/14
30
2010/09/07
Prepare a proposal for the Container/Spring.NET issue
CLOSED
John Theisen, Chris Lomonico
2010/09/14
31
2010/09/07
Create a "feature-tracker" document on the website to keep the Geographies updated on the CSharp+Java reference implementations
Open
Susan Johnston
2010/09/14
32
2010/09/07
Coordinate an additional CSharp/Java architecture review for next week
Open
Brian Behlendorf
2010/09/14
33
2010/09/07
Prepare a "hit-list" for bite-sized tasks for other developers to taken on
Open
Umesh Madan, Beau Grantham
2010/09/14
34
2010/09/07
Develop coder-specific messaging to plug-in outside developers into the "hit-lists"
Open
Brian Behlendorf
2010/09/14


Java Team Update

Beau Grantham

  • Reported that the XDD side is getting near production ready
    • Apache James would pick it up and forward it to XDS to XDR
    • Could be transformed to an XDM zip file as well
    • Passed through the security agent
  • Shared that he has put up a list up on the wiki

Arien Malec

  • Asked: Vince is working on the transform agent?
  • Commented on the XDM component
    • Noted that some hard-coded work is in there
    • Transform is done
  • Believed that the front-end of the reference implementation needed work

Vince Lewis

  • Identified that the XDD Spec was worked on during a meeting last Friday
  • Asked what the next step is for XDD
    • Should they be changing everything or leaving XDR?


Arien Malec

  • Stated that XDD is XDR with non compliant metadata

Vince Lewis

  • Asked if they should leave both XDR and XDD in there

Arien Malec

  • Responded that Vince Lewis does not have to remove anything
    • He can run the same code with SOAP headers and be XDD compliant

Vince Lewis

  • Commented there is some stuff, however, that they want to remove/add
    • Asked again: Do we want to bring down to XDD, or do we leave extra routing to XDR?

Arien Malec

  • Responded that extra headers are not going to mess anything up

Vince Lewis

  • Understood where Arien Malec was coming from

Beau Grantham

  • Commented that the gateway now enables
    • Multiple documents
    • Multiple recipients
  • Stated that Javadoc process coming along really well
    • Private documentation being worked
    • Javadoc coverage has been pushed up to the API
  • Added that Pat Pyette has checked in some code with respect to the config

Pat Pyette

  • Commented that he is working on the last piece for the UI
    • Trying to hook up the UI to the top layer
    • Once it works, then it should be pretty simple to replicate
  • Aims to check something in today
    • Parts of it should work end-to-end

Beau Grantham

  • Addressed the agent side
    • Remembered that Arien Malec asked someone to take on the agent piece while Greg Meyer is on vacation
      • Beau Grantham has agreed to start working on it
      • Works with a CRL file
      • Successfully sends a message
  • Reminded the WG that he will be out from the end of the week through the weekend
    • However, he will be flying to the code-a-thon next week
  • Compiled a hit-list for the Java reference implementation
    • Road to code complete

Arien Malec

  • Asked: Are we on track for an end-of-month?

Beau Grantham

  • Responded that he still thinks it is possible

Greg Meyer

  • Added that he aims to get the MDN stuff offline

Arien Malec

  • Asked about the outstanding agent issues
    • Certificate chaining
    • MDN stuff

Umesh Madan

  • Asked Beau Grantham to work with Sean Nolan on the chaining issues


CSharp Team Update

Umesh Madan

  • Addressed last week's focus
    • Documentation
      • Someone should be able to run with them
      • Be able to build the gateway and the config service
      • Built ability to export CERTs
    • Setup Scripts
  • Highlighted what he specifically worked on last week:
    • Public gateway is up and running
    • DNS Responder
      • For back-end CERT storer
      • Service should be scalable
      • Once this is done, Umesh Madan will be off line
    • Added remaining items to the Open Questions list on the CSharp Team Page
      • Auditing - John Theisen
      • CERT Resolver
      • Caching
      • Chain-builder

Arien Malec

  • Commented on the progress on documentation
    • Need more code coverage
    • Not yet at the level of the Java side

John Theisen

  • Added that he made some progress since last time
  • Stated that he is also working on the container issue

Umesh Madan

  • Asked: Can the auditing system be built on top?

John Theisen

  • Responded yes
    • Factory style returning of information
    • Trying to make sure it is easy for different companies to incorporate the libraries they chose

Arien Malec

  • Asked if John Theisen could write up some notes on this
    • Essentially a developers guide

John Theisen

  • Agreed to do it for the logger's library
  • Added that is working on a "poor man's container"
    • No dependency on a third party container
    • Keep the code base lightweight
    • Still have the option for others to use different containers

Umesh Madan

  • Added that he will make sure to look over the proposals

John Theisen

  • Informed the WG that he made some progress on the installer (32bit and 64bit)
    • Might happen this week, might happen next week
    • Chris Lomonico from Surescripts is on site

Chris Lomonico

  • Stated that he has one thing to do in particular
    • TTL tester to make sure the cache doesn't expire
  • Added that he will take on any other items the team needs addressed

Umesh Madan

  • Direct to Chris Lomonico: Since you have already worked on the cache, if you could take on the improvements for the CERT Resolver
    • Currently on the issue list
  • Stated: that would be fantastic!

Chris Lomonico

  • Agreed to take the CERT Resolver improvements on

Sri Koka

  • Added that he is conducting the unit tests
  • Asked: Do you have the data/records for us, or should we start from scrap?
    • Further asked: How did you do it?
  • Stated that he will contact Chris Lomonico after the Reference Implementation WG call
  • Asked: Do you have a preference?
    • MX and CERT

Arien Malec

  • Responded that a lot of the unit tests go to the DNS servers
    • Would be good to decouple

Umesh Madan

  • Added that Sean Nolan can check the boxes

Vassil Peytchev

  • Informed the WG that he does not have much to report
    • Will be back on the 21st
    • Cannot make it to the Connect-a-thon
    • Will be trying to work on the code

Arien Malec

  • Asked Vassil Peytchev: Do you have the code?
    • It may be helpful to pass this along

Sri Koka

  • Commented that he is willing to take it on

Arien Malec

  • Asked Vassil Peytchev to send the code to him as well
    • Also, told Vassil Peytchev to feel free to send work items to them while he is on vacation
  • Commented that CSharp still need a hit-list
    • Asked Umesh Madan if he could do it

Umesh Madan

  • Responded that the CSharp team places their outstanding items on the Open Questions list
    • Sean Nolan might be able to do this


Open Discussion

Arien Malec

  • Asked who will be attending the Connect-a-thon
    • Beau Grantham
    • Arien Malec
    • Stephen Outten (from Emdeon, hopes to be there)
  • Responded that it is good to have the Java side there
    • Connect is on the Java side
    • However, would still be helpful to have some folk who can speak .NET there
  • Added that it would be good to schedule an October Code-a-thon
    • Brian has volunteered the San Francisco CollabNet facilities
    • Will work with Brian to schedule that
      • Look for the right date
      • Wiki Registration link
    • Would primarily be an Integrate-a-thon/Test-a-thon
  • Noticed that they have not had an architecture review meeting in a little while

Umesh Madan

  • Agreed with Arien Malec's comment
    • They have not been organized recently
    • They have been coding away madly

Arien Malec

  • Responded that they may try for an architecture review for Thursday
    • Still on track for end-to-end on the Java side / CSharp side
    • XD* side still need to be worked on

Pat Pyette

  • Commented on the audit side
    • IHE audit exists
    • Proposes using either IHE or HL7 audits for both sides
    • Create a healthcare specific standardized audit

Arien Malec

  • Responded that Pat Pyette should compile a proposal - that would be helpful

Pat Pyette

  • Responded that he would have no problem doing that

Arien Malec

  • Thanked everyone
    • "Seems like we are making tremendous progress"