Reference Implementation Meeting 2010-10-05

From Direct Project
Jump to: navigation, search
Notes from Reference Implementation Meeting
Date: October 5th
Time: 12:00pm-1:00pm
Attendees: Yvan Charpentier, George Cole, Ron Cordell, Beau Grantham, Chaminda Gunaratne, Andy Heeren, Dave Houlding, Dave Juntgen, Chris Lomonico, Umesh Madan, Arien Malec, Greg Meyer, Stephen Outten, Claudio Sanchez, Jas Singh, John Theisen, Andy Thorson, John Williams, Rob Wilmot

Current Actions

#
Date
Action
Status
Owner
Due Date
6
2010/08/18
Prepare for virtual sprint to on-board new coders and plug them into projects
Open
Arien Malec, Brian Behlendorf, Beau Grantham
2010/08/24
33
2010/09/07
Prepare a "hit-list" for bite-sized tasks for other developers to taken on
Open
Umesh Madan
2010/09/14
35
2010/09/14
Write up bullet points/notes for a developers guide on the logger's library
Open
John Theisen
2010/09/28
36
2010/09/14
Review Container proposals from John Theisen & Chris Lomonico
Open
Umesh Madan
2010/09/28
37
2010/09/14
Take on the improvements for the CERT Resolver
Open
Chris Lomonico
2010/09/28
40
2010/09/14
Assemble a proposal to address the IHE v. HL7 audit considerations
Open
Pat Pyette
2010/09/28
43
2010/10/05
Review Sean Nolan's work on the CERT Chain Builder
Open
Umesh Madan
2010/10/12
44
2010/10/05
Develop a "how to" guide for the usage of the agent as a straight API piece
Open
Greg Meyer
2010/10/12
45
2010/10/05
Coordinate a follow-up CSharp/Java joint strategy meeting for the XD*
CLOSED
Arien Malec, Jas Singh
2010/10/12


Actions from Last Week

#
Date
Action
Status
Owner
Due Date
6
2010/08/18
Prepare for virtual sprint to on-board new coders and plug them into projects
Open
Arien Malec, Brian Behlendorf, Beau Grantham
2010/08/24
33
2010/09/07
Prepare a "hit-list" for bite-sized tasks for other developers to taken on
Extended
Umesh Madan
2010/09/14
35
2010/09/14
Write up bullet points/notes for a developers guide on the logger's library
Open
John Theisen
2010/09/28
36
2010/09/14
Review Container proposals from John Theisen & Chris Lomonico
Open
Umesh Madan
2010/09/28
37
2010/09/14
Take on the improvements for the CERT Resolver
Open
Chris Lomonico
2010/09/28
40
2010/09/14
Assemble a proposal to address the IHE v. HL7 audit considerations
Open
Pat Pyette
2010/09/28
41
2010/09/28
Develop OSX + Windows install pieces
CLOSED
Mark Bamberg
2010/10/05
42
2010/09/28
Coordinate a CSharp/Java joint strategy meeting for the XD* side
CLOSED
Arien Malec, Jas Singh
2010/10/05


Agenda

  1. CSharp Team Update
  2. Java Team Update
  3. Reevaluating the "Road Ahead"
  4. Open Discussion


CSharp Update

Arien Malec

  • Welcomed Umesh Madan back to the CSharp reference implementation team
    • Asked Umesh Madan if he could provide the CSharp update

Umesh Madan

  • Thanked Arien Malec for the welcome back
  • Indicated that he was still getting caught up
  • Asked Arien Malec to update the WG on the code which Arien Malec checked in

Arien Malec

  • Indicated that the XD* work is underway
    • Could use some help with the consume portion of the code
    • Then they can move to work on the XDR, and then XDM
  • Confirmed they held the XD* strategy meeting planned for last week
    • Recognized the need to create an EHR client API
      • Want something easy to write to
    • Developing a simplified object model
      • Creating messages
      • Address-based resolver
        • Should be able to tell whether XDR/XDM/XDD
  • Recognized that this process is taking longer due to unforeseen challenges

John Theisen

  • Shared that he had dropped in the documentation for the logging framework
  • Indicated there is slower progress on the installer
    • Works on the 64 bit, but not on the next piece
    • Stated he needs to talk to Umesh Madan about some items with the installer

Chris Lomonico

  • Reported that he was able to complete some of the work he took from Umesh Madan
    • Has put the responder on a Windows server
    • Indicated that he sent an e-mail to Umesh Madan outlining some problem areas

Umesh Madan

  • Suggested following up off-line to Chris Lomonico

Arien Malec

  • Asked about the CERT chain builder

Umesh Madan

  • Responded that is Sean Nolan's work
    • Recognized that he still personally needs to review this
    • Indicated this will probably get done by the end of the week
  • Expressed interest in getting few new items hooked up to the code
  • Shared that he did a "scramble" and the DNS responder should work well now
    • Still need to hook up to the service
  • Indicated that he is writing down small parts that need to be resolved
  • Stated that he would work with John Theisen to make the configuration work
  • Was informed that the provide and test document is working
    • Will be hooked up to the logger
    • Nearing check-in state


Java Update

Beau Grantham

  • Welcomed Greg Meyer back to the Java reference implementation team
  • Reported that overall there was not much work completed since last week
  • However, indicated that Vince did some really good work last week on the XD* side
    • Already have an object model
    • The Java team wants to put another layer on top of that
      • Need to make the meta-data more clear
      • Have some code already
      • Beau Grantham is currently working on that
  • Highlighted that Mark Bamberg has been working on the install scripts for the agent and gateway
    • Mark Bamberg completed the initial cut for the Windows, OSX and Unix install scripts
      • Received comments from Java team last week
      • Target is to complete by the end of the week
  • Identified that Pat Pyette and Tim Jeffcoat have been working on the configuration
    • Recognized that neither were present to report their status
    • They have checked some code in already
    • Further identified that they are working on the ATNA audit logging
  • Stated that with Greg Meyer back, he would like to finish the missing pieces from the agent/gateway

Greg Meyer

  • Shared that he has received a lot of questions about the usage of agent as a straight API piece
    • Stated he will develop a user's guide by the end of the week

Umesh Madan

  • Responded that Greg Meyer's proposed work is a great idea
  • Said Greg Meyer's responses thus far have been "spot on"


Reevaluating the "Road Ahead"

Arien Malec

  • Suggested the following updated targets:
    • Reach feature-complete by October 15h
    • Focus on better packaging the week of October 17th
      • Wants to get through as much as possible
    • Reach production-ready by the October Code-a-thon (10/27-28)
      • Wants to do a test production
      • Will learn a ton by walking people through that
  • Indicated that Brian Behlendorf has put together some details about the Code-a-thon
    • Dates: October 27-28
    • Location: CollabNet facilities minutes from San Francisco

Brian Behlendorf

  • Reported that he joined the call a few minutes after the roll
  • Indicated the October Code-a-thon will be a good chance for the pilots to come up to speed
    • Wants to maximize that time spent face to face
    • Can also on-board new coders to the project


Round on Proposed Road Ahead

Arien Malec

  • Asked the following to the WG:
    1. Do you agree with the proposed time line?
      • Yes = 11; No = 0; Abstain = 4
    2. Will you be able to attend/commit a resource to the October Code-a-thon?
      • Attending: Chris Lomonico, Umesh Madan, Sean Nolan, John Theisen (4)
      • Potentially Attending: Ron Cordell, Beau Grantham, Claudio Sanchez (3)
      • Definite Resource: Garden State Health Systems (1)
      • Potential Resource: Allscripts, Emdeon (2)
      • No Resource: Siemens (1)
      • No Comment: Yvan Charpentier, Dave Houlding, Dave Juntgen, Greg Meyer, Andy Thorson (5)

George Cole

  1. Agrees with the proposed time line
  2. Trying to commit a resource (from Allscripts)

Greg Meyer

  1. Agrees with the proposed time line
    • Focused on delivering their pieces
  2. No comment

Stephen Outten

  1. Agrees with the proposed time line
  2. Trying to commit a resource
    • Will speak to Kris Olberg about this

John Williams

  1. No comment
  2. Will attend the October Code-a-thon
    • Garden will have a representative at the 27-28th event
    • Asked for additional information about the Code-a-thon
      • Capabilities to bring up?
      • Should each participant show up with an instance?

Arien Malec

  • Indicated he will send an e-mail to John Williams

Brian Behlendorf

  • Asked if John Williams was talking about hardware

John Williams

  • Stated that Garden State has a HISP up and running with LDAP and a key-store

Arien Malec

  • Responded that would be great

Beau Grantham

  1. Agrees with the proposed time line
    • Needs to check with Pat about configuration piece
      • Concerned this will prevent the Java team from reaching such a goal
  2. Trying to personally attend the October Code-a-thon
    • Not certain yet

Dave Houlding

  1. Agrees with the proposed time line
    • Likes the progress thus far
    • Seems like a reasonable goal
  2. No comment

John Theisen

  1. Agrees with the proposed time line
    • Endorsed the effort for production ready
  2. Will attend the October Code-a-thon

Dave Juntgen

  1. No comment
  2. No comment

Umesh Madan

  1. Agrees with the proposed time line
  2. Will attend the October Code-a-thon
    • Sean Nolan will be able to attend as well

Andy Thorson

  1. Agrees with the proposed time line
  2. No comment

Yvan Charpentier

  1. No comment
  2. No comment

Ron Cordell

  1. Agrees with the proposed time line
  2. Trying to personally attend the October Code-a-thon
    • Hopes to contribute
    • Seeking permission to attend

Chaminda Gunaratne

  • No comment
  • Will not attend
    • Siemens will likely not participate

Chris Lomonico

  • Agrees with the proposed time line
  • Will attend October Code-a-thon

Claudio Sanchez

  • Agrees with the proposed time line
    • Has been missing for a while
    • Trying to catch-up on the Web configuration
  • Trying to personally attend the October Code-a-thon
    • Needs to check with his leadership to see if he is going to be able to attend


Open Discussion

Beau Grantham

  • Suggested another XD* strategy meeting

Arien Malec

  • Responded they could hold one at the end of this week
    • Indicated CSharp team needs some more time
  • Asked Jas to setup the meeting

Jas Singh

  • Asked if he should invite the same group of people

Arien Malec

  • Responded yes, but to also invite Vassil

Update: Meeting scheduled for Friday, October 8th at 1:30 PM