Implementers Workgroup Meeting 2019-02-19
The purpose of this Implementers Workgroup meeting is to provide a forum for discussing post-implementation issues and practices related to Direct whether technical, operational, or logistical in nature, including Direct Project specifications and implementation guides, adoption efforts, and innovative uses and deployments. It’s a forum for a peer-to-peer exchange of ideas, thoughts, and practices for project leaders within the Direct community.
Call-in details: Conf bridge: 866-816-4209, participant code 3980879
1. Logistical Items (Workgroup Lead / Direct Coordinator)
- Workgroup meeting schedule for 2019 has been posted.
2. Scheduled Discussion / Updates (All, as/if applicable)
- The future (continued discussion from previous month's meeting)
- Errata in the XDR and XDM for Direct messaging
- Check current table links & one new table reference (Jim Fisher researched this and a document was distributed for discussion)
- Direct namespace schema document reference needed (please contact Luis Maas with information)
- Seeking feedback from ONC on use of XDR/XDM IG Errata in ONC Certification program (Luis Maas emailed Glenn and Brett with specifics; Glenn will also try to confirm the version of the IHE manuals used by upstream XDM validator tools)
- Request support in updating of broken link for limited metadata spec (current URL is not valid: https://www.ihe.net/Technical+Framework/upload/IHE_ITI_Suppl+Support-for-Metadata-Limited-Doc-Sources_Rev1-1_TI_2011-08-19.pdf; please contact Luis Maas with information)
- Self-submission of Direct addresses to NPPES
- Direct addresses can now be published and discovered in the NPPES database.
- The workgroup anticipates that patients and other non-Direct users may mistakenly send email to Direct addresses as these become increasingly discoverable.
- The workgroup discussed possible standardization of SMTP error codes to be returned when a non-Direct message is received by an STA. Code 5.6.1 was proposed.
- DirectTrust SDO Status Updates (deferred until next time)
- Changes to current IG for Context
3. Roundtable Discussion / Updates – Open (All)