Abstract Model Workgroup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
To create a formal abstract model that will:
- Provide a common set of terminology on which other workgroups may base their discussions,
- Provide a common frame of reference for expected actors and transactions in an NHIN Direct message exchange,
- Enhance understanding of NHIN Direct by new participants.
What We've Created
The NHIN Direct Abstract Model and associated examples are the primary output of this group. Although consensus will be reached at interim points, the abstract model is expected to be refined and altered as decisions are made in other workgroups around security, interoperability, etc...
What We're Still Working On
The Abstract Model Workgroup will continue to iterate over the Abstract Model as issues or refinements are suggested; however, the model is currently in a fairly stable state.
- March 26, 2010: Workgroup Kickoff Meeting. Weekly meetings are held on Wednesdays from 11:00am to noon Eastern Time.
- April 12, 2010: Completed the Implementation Group call for consensus on version 1.1 of the Abstract Model.
- April 13 - May 5, 2010: Worked on next iteration of the Abstract Model.
- May 6, 2010: Achieved Implementation Group Consensus on version 2.2 of the NHIN Direct Abstract Model at the face-to-face meeting.
- May through October 2010 Refine the Abstract Model based on decisions in other workgroups and initial implementation feedback.
Who We Are
||American Academy of Family Physicians|
|Noam H. Arzt
|Dan Russler, M.D.
||Oracle Health Sciences Global Strategies|
||Social Security Administration|
What We Talk About During Our Meetings
- Notes Abstract Model WG 032610.doc
- Notes from the Abstract Model Workgroup 033110.docx
- Notes from the Abstract Model Workgroup 04-07-2010
- Notes from the Abstract Model Workgroup 04-14-2010
- Notes from the Abstract Model Workgroup 04-21-2010
- Notes from the Abstract Model Workgroup 04-28-2010
- Abstract Model WG meeting canceled on 05-05-2010.
- Abstract Model WG meeting canceled on 05-12-2010.
- All weekly Abstract Model WG meetings are cancelled. One-time meetings will be called as needed.