CSharp Reference Implementation Net 45
Table of Contents
Setup, Newcomer Developers, Start Here
NET 4.5.2 release with policy enablement and HSM support is in the beta. Version is 1.3.*
Installers are located on .
- Understanding Direct
- CSharp Components
- Get Direct running on your developer machine: .NET Reference Implementation Setup
- Install Direct using the Enterprise Installation instructions: Enterprise Installer This is the preferred installer for the majority of users.
- Browse Source Code
- For sync and build instructions, see below.
The CSharp (.NET) Reference implemenation is being developed by the following team of volunteers. Please add your name to this list if you wish to contribute.
Team Lead: Joe Shook
||Area of Interest|
||Deployment/Installer, MDNMonitor, Agent, Config Store, Middle Tier, etc...|
||Area of Interest|
||Agent, Crypto/SMIME/SMTP, DNS, Common Libraries, Config Store, Middle Tier Services, SMTP Server Integration|
||Agent, DNS, Web Admin|
||Agent, Crypto, DNS, Config Store, Middle Tier, etc...|
||Agent, Common, XD*, Object Model Docs|
||Agent, STMP/MIME, Web Admin, Build, Deployment/Installer|
||Common Libraries, DNS, Config, Testing|
||XD*, Baremetal install|
Scrum Meetings (on hold)
Wednesday: 11AM - 11:30 AM PST. Please Email Ali Emami if you would like to join.
See full Reference Implementation Group meetings
The C# reference implementation will....
- Provide a reusable object model and libraries used to build concrete Direct integrations
- Proivde an "out of the box" installable servers on a single server.
- Be quality code that can credibly be used in the real world.
- Have no install dependencies other than what comes standard on Windows Server 2008 (build/test tools don't count, .NET 4.5 and SQL Express exempted).
- Be modularized so that implementors can easily replace any major component with their own implementation, or when appropriate extract components for use in their own codebases.
- Will not include any code that breaks the BSD license.
- Have clear structure and documentation that minimizes developer "jumpstart" time.
- Issues that need to be addressed by the CSharp Reference Implementation Team should be submitted here.
- Lightweight (agile) project management. Individual collaborators use whatever mechanism works for them them.
- 30 minute Scrum calls.
- "Do-opoloy". Working code speaks louder than words!
Software Requirements For Development
- .NET Framework 4.5
- msbuild.exe: Ships free with .NET Framework.
- Project Files are created in Visual Studio 2013:
- Visual Studio 2013 Express Web and Desktop togetherl fully supported. Required for building the complete RI. See the details for building the .NET RI.
- For large messages, Windows Hot Fix
You build projects using either Visual Studio or from the command line using msbuild.exe.
CSharp Build Instructions
Publishing a New Release
The C# Reference implementation provides software at two levels:
Object Model and libraries that allow you to integrate and leverage - pick and choose - even copy and paste - Direct technology into your existing .NET code.
More packaged solutions that use the object model to deliver turn-key out of the box functionality.
- Config Sections
- Log File Settings
- Gateway Configuration Settings
- Config Service settings
- DnsWeb Service settings
- Dns Server Settings
- Monitor Server Settings