Jump to navigation Jump to search
Direct Project and Community Announcements
- Direct Project's Implementers Workgroup reached consensus June 19, 2018, to advance the Implementation Guide for Expressing Context in Direct Messaging to version 1.1. More details on the guide and links to download can be found here.
- Forming a S&I Data Access Framework Direct subgroup, Direct implementors welcome. The SWG requires a minimum of 5 organizations to support the sub workgroup and the contact is Gayathri Jayawardena at ESAINC to join. Please register your interest by Friday, April 4, 2014.
- Presentations and information from the ONC Direct Boot Camp 2.0, which was held on 08/13-08/14/13 in Arlington, VA, are available.
- Click here for information on the Direct Scalable Trust Forum, rescheduled for 11/29-11/30/12 in Washington D.C.
- John Hall announced as Direct Project Coordinator! Read the blog post.
- The recording for the "Getting Started with Direct" webinar on June 20, 2011, can be found here!
Direct Project In the Media
Direct Project stopped actively collecting media clips after early 2011. We still may post certain clips from time to time. Collected media clips featuring Direct Project include:
- Direct Project Rapidly Advancing Health IT Interoperability InformationWeek : March 30, 2011
- Direct Project enjoys growing popularity Healthcare IT News: March 23, 2011
- Webinar: Progress report for Direct, Standards & Interoperability Framework CMIO: March 22, 2011
- ONC releases details on Direct Project ModernHealthcare: March 22, 2011
- More Details Emerge on the Direct Project Journal of AHIMA: March 22, 2011
- It's Good To Be Direct CMIO: March 22, 2011
- Direct Project Gaining Steam Healthcare Informatics: March 22, 2011
- Direct Project gets wide support for simple exchange Government Health IT: March 22, 2011
- Prospects For Meaningful Use Stage 2 Progress Questioned Information Week: March 22, 2011
- Pledges of Support Grow for Direct Project Health Data Management: March 22, 2011
- The Direct Project: Accelerating Government Innovation in Health IT iHealthBeat: March 22, 2011
- Webinar: Direct projects will have more company soon Health Imaging: March 22, 2011
- Direct Project gathers steam, finalizes protocol Fierce Health IT: March 21, 2011
- Health IT Policy Committee Panel Explores Information Exchange Needs for Stage 2 Meaningful Use Becker's Hospital Review: March 18, 2011
- Meaningful use could include steps toward PCAST exchange goals Government Health IT: March 18, 2011
- Project Brings Safe Health Care Records Via Internet Investor's Business Daily: March 18, 2011
- Carrots, Sticks, and Digital Health Records The New York Times: February 26, 2011
- Health Care Projects Could Yield Templates for Tackling Big Problems O'Reilly Radar: February 23, 2011
- Small, Rural Company Center Stage in Data Exchange California Healthline: February 14, 2011
- Direct Project Implementations Take Flight The Wall Street Journal: February 3, 2011
- Cranston doctor becomes medical records pioneer The Providence Journal: Feburary 3, 2011
- Two state HIE pilot programs take flight CMIO: February 3, 2011
- Hospitals kill the fax and exchange health data over the Internet Computerworld: February 3, 2011
- U.S. Tries Open-Source Model for Health Data Systems The New York Times: February 2, 2011
- ONC Starts Direct Project Pilots in Minnesota and Rhode Island iHealthBeat: February 2, 2011
- Direct Project Goes Live with Simple Information Exchanges Government Health IT: February 2, 2011
- ONC Announces Launch of "Direct Project" Pilots Bradenton Herald: February 2, 2011
- VisionShare to Connect Nation's Healthcare Providers on its Secure, Trusted Network Sun Herald: February 2, 2011
- NHIN software stack enters real-world tests CMIO: December 15, 2010
- Chopra Touts Crowd-Sourced Secure email for Health Records ExecutiveGov: December 13, 2010
- Test of 'NHIN Light' Standards Begin Healthcare Info Security: December 8, 2010
- Renamed Direct project to demonstrate email-like secure messaging FierceHealthIT: December 6, 2010
- A more 'Direct' approach CMIO: December 3, 2010
- First models of NHIN completed Healthcare IT News: December 1, 2010
- Officials announce first data-sharing software for NHIN Direct Project iHealthBeat: December 1, 2010
- Healthcare messages over the Internet The Wall Street Journal: November 30, 2010
- Push for better ways to share e-health records AP/Washington Post: October 25, 2010